The Akron STEM Training Center (ATC) services are based largely on the best practices and school design model from the National Inventors Hall of Fame ® School … Center for STEM Learning. This unique school approach emphasizes a middle school STEM model centered on supporting students to be creative and inventive thinkers, with the support of strong community partnerships, among other things. Based on these areas of expertise and the needs of the community, ATC services include:
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Informational Sessions
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Design
- Understanding the Basics of a STEM School Program (Snapshots of STEM)
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) Workshop for Educators
- Digital Literacy
- STEM Platform School Visits
- STEM School Leadership Mentoring and Workshops
- Partnership Development Consulting
- Whole STEM School Design Coaching
The OSLN – Akron Hub is currently seeking sponsors for one or more of the Hub's upcoming workshops to benefit teachers, students and potential future employees with STEM. To learn more about this opportunity, visit the news page.
Services are scheduled trainings where educators and administrators learn effective STEM School best practices, actual strategies for implementation in their classroom and more. These trainings are open to all educators. Please use the event registration link to sign up. If you would like Hub educators to visit your school or district and facilitate a training, please contact our Hub Manager, Annie Hanson by email email@example.com or phone 330-761-3195.